I moved to La Grande, Oregon from Colorado 4 years ago. I received a Master of Arts degree from Colorado Christian University in 1999 and received my license as a professional counselor (LPC). I worked for Colorado Christian Counseling and a behavioral health hospital helping adults struggling with life-threatening eating disorders of anorexia and bulimia.
Shortly after moving to Oregon, I met state requirements to obtain my license in professional counseling (LPC) and began my private practice in La Grande 2018. I recently retired my Oregon counseling license in February 2022. Total license time is 12 years between Colorado and Oregon.
I continue working in my private practice as a Relationship Coach. My business name is Intentional Coaching LLC and I am located in the downtown area of La Grande.
I incorporate my educational training, clinical experience, using proven therapy modalities such as Acceptance Commitment Theory (ACT) complimenting the Word of God.
I love working with adults battling to live life the way God intended.
I believe change can happen, here are a few of my thoughts:
- Exploring and discovering your key values
- Learn to believe you are more than your problems
- Learn to feel and express emotions appropriately
- Learn about setting healthy boundaries in love to improve relationships
- Willingness to look at “old strategies” that no longer work
- Be intentional with a desire to think in new ways
- Learn to be vulnerable for healing current and past pain
- Biblical truth, surrender, freedom, acceptance and forgiveness
- Finding true connection and community
My own life story dealing with depression, insecurity, grief and loss, shame, marriage issues, pride, stubbornness, boundary deficits and life transitions play a part in helping me to see you.
I offer empathy, compassion and experience as we walk together in your hurt and pain while moving toward healing and hope.
Personally, I am a wife, mother and grandmother. I love being with my family, 2 dogs and my rescued, stray cat. I love the ocean anytime of year. I love to hike, walk up hills, camp, fish and most anything that keeps me outdoors. I love reading, shoes, coffee with a friend, decorating, and cat puzzles. I love Jesus and my community of faith.